First of all I would like to say a big thank you for all the lovely comments and messages I have received! The feedback I've had was much better than I could have imagined! I have loved seeing all your photos, it's so nice to see the squares done in different colours. Next I wanted to answer some of the main questions I have been asked.
1. Quantity of wool needed? I don't have an exact amount of wool that I used as there are so many little bits and at the time I didn't intend on starting a CAL. You will need at least 1 ball of each colour and a couple of balls of white. The blanket weighed 970g altogether. After the CAL is finished I am going to design a matching cushion, so any leftovers you can use for that.
2. Where are the rest of the patterns? As this is a crochet a long. I will be posting between 4 and 6 patterns every Saturday. This week there will 4 of my own patterns and 1 that I purchased. (The link will be provided if you wish to purchase it).
3. How many of each square do I have to make? Only one of each square and the 25 of the bobble heart squares.
4. Some of my squares are slightly smaller! I have tried to get each square to the same size as possible. Blocking will help shape the square, but don't worry too much if it's slightly smaller. The flat braid join we are going to use to join the squares together is great for hiding any inconsistencies.
5. Is there a PDF of the pattern? I have now included a PDF version along with a word document of each pattern. These are on the tabs.
6. Do you have a newsletter? Not yet, but I'm hoping to try and have one ready for next week. I hope that helps with some of your questions.
Don't forget to tag me in your photos #unicorndreamsblanketcal as I love seeing your squares.